EFFECTIVE MAY 2017
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES FOR USE OF SITE
- You agree to only access the Site through our interface and not to attempt to circumvent our system.
- We may offer courses through the Site which may include credentials such a Course Trophy or Specialization credential. The Site, the course instructors, and the associated participating institutions have no obligation to have a course recognized by any educational institution or accreditation organization. At any time, we reserve the right to remove your credential from your account.
- You must be 13 years of age or older to use this Site.
- You must provide a valid email address, and any other required information, to register for the Site.
- You must ensure your account information remains accurate.
- You are solely responsible for safekeeping your account credentials.
- Your account may only be used by one person.
- You are responsible for any content posted by you and any activity that occurs under your account.
- The Site is for your personal use only.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, or "spam" messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage, as determined solely by PTC, of other Site customers, we reserve the right to immediately disable your account until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- Questions about these TOU should be sent through our Contact Us link.
- The contents of the Site are protected by the copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States, its treaty countries and other jurisdictions. Except as may otherwise be provided in a written agreement you have with PTC or its affiliates, you may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, transfer, or distribute in any way any of the contents of this site, including the Content defined below.
- PTC may provide various content through the Site, including but not limited to on-line lectures, speeches, video lessons, quizzes, presentation materials, homework assignments, programming assignments, programs, code, and other images, text, layouts, arrangements, displays, illustrations, documents, materials, audio and video clips, HTML and files (collectively, the “Content”). Unless otherwise permitted by PTC in writing, You may access and/or download Content from this Site solely for non-commercial use provided you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. PTC retains full ownership of all Content and the Site.
- The Site enables you to share information, such as homework, quizzes, exams, projects, and other assignments you submit, posts you make in the forums, and the like ("User Content"), on the Site, and with instructors and/or other users. You retain all intellectual property rights in, and are responsible for, the User Content you share.
- To the extent that you provide User Content, you grant PTC a fully-transferable, royalty-free, perpetual, sub-licensable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to copy, distribute, modify, create derivative works based on, publicly perform, publicly display, and otherwise use the User Content. This license includes authorizing participating institutions to use User Content with their registered students. Nothing in these TOU shall restrict other legal rights PTC may have to User Content, for example under other licenses. We reserve the right to remove or modify User Content for any reason, including User Content that we believe violates these TOU.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES AND CONTENT
- Through the Site, you will have the ability to access and/or use content provided by instructors, other users, and/or other third parties and links to websites and services maintained by third parties. The Site cannot guarantee that such third party content will be free of material you may find objectionable or otherwise inappropriate or of malware or other contaminants that may harm your computer, mobile device, or any files therein. The Site disclaims any responsibility or liability related to your access or use of such third party content.
MODIFICATIONS AND TERMINATION
- PTC reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently the Site (or any part thereof), with or without notice. For instance, the Site may temporarily be disabled for occasional maintenance.
- These TOU are effective until modified or terminated by PTC. PTC may modify these TOU from time to time and the new TOU will be effective when posted. PTC may also terminate these TOU at any time without notice to you. PTC has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Site, for any reason at any time. Such termination will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account. In the event of termination, you are no longer authorized to access the Site and the restrictions imposed on you with respect to Content downloaded from the Site, the disclaimers and limitations of liabilities, and export restrictions set forth in this agreement, shall survive.
- Site and Content provided As Is. Your use of Site is at your sole risk. The Content and any other materials you may access from other Users on the Site is provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either express or implied. Commentary and other materials posted on the Site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed and we, therefore, disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any such reliance.
- Disclaimer of warranties. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, PTC disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement and any other conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity. PTC does not warrant that the Site or functions contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Site, or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. PTC does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Content on the Site in terms of correctness, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, or otherwise. You (and not PTC or its licensors) assume the entire cost of all necessary maintenance, repair, or correction.
- Limitation of liability. Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall PTC, its subsidiaries and parent companies and affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that arise or result from or are related to the use of, or the inability to use, the Site or any of the Content made available on or through the Site. Under no circumstances shall PTC’s aggregate liability exceed $5.00. You specifically acknowledge and agree that PTC, its subsidiaries and parent companies and affiliates are not liable for any defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any user of the Site or any posting to the Site. If you are dissatisfied with the Site or any Content made available by or through the Site, or with these TOU, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
- EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. ANY SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIALS WE MAKE AVAILABLE ON THE SITE ARE SUBJECT TO UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES EXPORT LAWS AND REGULATIONS. YOU MUST COMPLY WITH ALL DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL EXPORT LAWS AND REGULATIONS THAT APPLY TO THE SOFTWARE OR OTHER MATERIALS YOU OBTAIN FROM OUR SITE. THESE LAWS INCLUDE RESTRICTIONS ON DESTINATIONS, END USERS AND END USE.
- Compliance with Laws. You may not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Site, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including copyright or trademark laws).
- General. This TOU shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without giving effect to any principles or conflicts of law. If any provision of this TOU shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.